News & Events
A Comprehensive Guide to Using Vehicle Wrapping SolutionsMay-10-2021
What is Vehicle Wrapping?
Vehicle wrapping is not just a pretty image on a car, truck or van, rather, one of the most effective ways of marketing that falls under the Out-of-Home (OOH) or Outdoor Advertising umbrella.
Your creativity and design possibilities are limitless with printed graphics. With quick removal and reinstallation within minimal downtime, vehicle graphics are a very important part of commercial advertising and recreational wraps.
Common Benefits of Commercial Vehicle Wrapping
Vehicle wrapping allows your organization to personalize vehicles to match your branding. With custom designs, you can add valuable information like contact information and the name of your company. You can also adorn it with your logo and other brand-related images. An appealingly vinyl-wrapped vehicle can expose your business to new potential customers.
Widely Used Wrapping Solutions
1. GF 230 AUTOMARK™ Wrap Vinyl
Gloss White Conformable Wrap Vinyl – Grey Semi-Permanent Repositionable Adhesive
This film is designed to accept a variety of solvent, latex and UV curable inks common to wide format digital printing systems. The grey permanent adhesive offers excellent opacity and repositionable qualities. GF 230 AutoMark™ Premium 2.4 mil calendered gloss white vinyl digital media is specifically engineered for use in most vehicle wrap and decal applications. The 90# Air Egress Layflat liner allows for good lay-flat and air-free application.
2. GF 231 AUTOMARK™ Wrap Laminate
Gloss Clear Uv Laminate – Clear Permanent Adhesive
This laminate offers protection from UV radiation, moisture and other environmental exposures. It can be laminated using a cold laminating process without the addition of heat and is intended to be paired with GF 230 AutoMark™ vinyl for wrap applications. GF 231 AutoMark™ Premium 2.4 mil calendered gloss laminate is specifically engineered for use in most vehicle wrap and decal applications.
Yellotools provides high-quality, professional wrap tools and accessories to help complete an installation quickly and efficiently.
The Dos and Don’ts of Vehicle Wrapping
• Don’t overload your automobile with graphics or information, rather, keep it simple.
• Don’t use an overly flowery font, instead, use a font that can be read from a distance.
• Don’t use branding only on the sides of the vehicle, as your vehicle is a three-dimensional object.
• Don’t ever use poor-quality photos on your vehicle, instead, use professionally taken photos.
Do you want to see how it is done? Well, here is a playlist of a video series in which Master Wrapper Ruan Greeff (2017 speed wrap winner at FESPA Africa & Sign Africa Expos) explains the tips and tricks, he follows before starting a Vinyl wrap.
Here is another video, in order for you to have an in-depth look at all the General Formulations products Blue Rhine featured at SGI 2019 conducted in Dubai.
Commonly Asked Questions & their Answers
Q: What is the process of a vehicle wrap?
A: Vehicle wraps comprise three phases. The first is the design phase that involves exact measurements for the vehicle and design of the graphics; second, the production phase, where the graphics are printed and laminated to safeguard the vinyl from abrasions and UV rays cause fading over time; and the third phase is installation, which is done when the vinyl is applied to the vehicle.
Q: How long will the wrap stay on the vehicle?
A: In general, a vinyl wrap can last up to 3 years or longer, as long as high-pressure washing is avoided. It is recommended to replace the wrap after 3 years for removing it without damaging the paint.
Q: Can a wrap be removed safely?
A: Yes, the wrap can be removed without damaging the paint. Vehicle wrap installation experts are best equipped to do this task.
Q: Will the wrap damage paint?
A: No, if applied and removed properly, a vehicle wrap does not damage the paint, instead protects it. However, if a vehicle has been re-painted, wraps over this repainted area could have issues with removal or the wrap itself. Our product durability is only for wraps on OEM-painted (Original Equipment Manufacturer) vehicle surfaces.
Q: Does the vehicle need to be washed before installation?
A: Yes, a thorough wash of the vehicle is mandatory to remove dust, mud, wax, oil and other agents that can hinder the vinyl from sticking to the vehicle surface during the installation.
Q: How to take care of the wrap after installation?
A: It is recommended to hand wash your vehicle with a mild liquid detergent. It is also important to avoid high-pressure washes, as they can potentially lift the vinyl due to improper use of the water pressure.
Q: What if the wrap information is changed or is damaged, can it be replaced?
A: Yes, graphics, logos, phone numbers and any other content (or any part of the design) can be changed, reprinted and reinstalled. It is not necessary to redo the full wrap if the damage is limited to specific areas.
What Blue Rhine Offers?
Blue Rhine offers a broad range of vinyl film and wrapping solutions that include cutting and applying tools from world-renowned brands like General Formulations and Yellotools. These products are designed exclusively to meet virtually any graphic application. Our sign and wrap solutions are available at our stores located throughout the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
You can also purchase them online through our e-commerce platform – bluerhine.store. Shop online for our lowest prices. It’s Simpler, Faster and Smarter!
- Extending our services to Kuwait
- Product Seminar on Premium German Solutions
- Digital Xerography & Offset Synthetic Paper in UAE
- Hygienic wall cladding panels for hospitals and Public facilities
- Blue Rhine at SGI Dubai 2019 - Bigger than ever
- Hybrid Monster : JHF H3370 Hybrid UV Printer
- Brand New Philips T-line: Connects to 64 students through Wireless screen sharing
- Installation of SABIC Innovative Plastics to Build Sound Walls for ENOC Fuel Station at Dubai Hills
- World’s best One-way vision Films from Contra Vision:
- AVERY DENNISON - Professional Workshop - Oman
- Rhine Graphics featured in Printweek MEA Feb-15-2015
- SGI 2015
- Lexan Thermoclick sheet for stunning profile-free structures
- New Product Launch - SGI 2015
- Exclusive range of Digital Print Media products
- TESA 51966
- New Philips Integrated Chromecast Hotel TVs
- Machinery featured in Printweek MEA
- LED Linear Strips for Cove Lighting
- Blue Rhine & Intercoat in Printweek MEA
- Right Display and TV Mounts for optimum viewing experience
- Light Middle East 2013 Invitation
- Media Seminar
- Oppboga Excellent Boards for printing
- Mustang Chrome
- Digital vs Offset Printing
- UV vs Latex Printing
- Philips Video Wall Series – the Ultimate Signage Display Solution
- Enrich Your Printing Capabilities with the Sophisticated JHF R7000 Pro UV Printer
- Accurate Fiber Laser : For high speed & high accuracy cutting
- Difference Between Consumer TV & Professional TV Displays
- JWEI CB03II digital cutting systems
- Blue Rhine earns The Best Distributor Award - 2018
- Al Ghurair Printing & Publishing steps up and gets the reward
- Blue Rhine Web Summit 2021 - Meet Our Product Specialists
- Sign & Graphics - Dubai 2016 Jan-11-2016
- Blackman and White - Versa-Tech Flatbed Cutter Nov-01-2014
- JHF Gold Partner Award
- Anand Joseph delivers Keynote at IMT Business School Dubai
- RYARC: Digital Signage Software
- Get the aesthetic appeal of cast concrete walls with Faux Concrete Panels
- Blue Rhine Web Summit 2021 - an Overview
- Blue Rhine at Big5 Dubai 2018
- DESARDI® : Premium digital printable wallcovering
- Gitex Technology Week 2017 is upon us, Philips Video wall to shine at Etisalat booth
- Calculate your printing cost easily with Caldera cost-proof tool
- Peerless-AV Xtreme High Brightness Outdoor Displays
- Etisalat partners with Philips for stunning 4K Videowalls featured at Gitex Tech Week 2017
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2020
- The Importance of Eco-friendly Products in Print Media Applications
- DECO Emirates gets new machinery - Accurate fiber laser
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2019
- Oman Openhouse & Wrapping Workshop on 27-28, March 2019
- Anand Joseph featured in LG Business Solutions 'See the signs' 2017 Report
- Cast and Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Jotun Paints gets smart LED Lighting
- General Formulations - AutoMARK Wrap Vinyl
- A Comprehensive Guide to Using Vehicle Wrapping Solutions
- Oman Open house comes with surprises - 29,30th Oct '18
- Soudal Fix all - Adhesives:
- LEXAN™ EXTRITE™ sheets for extreme outdoor solutions and applications
- SGI Dubai 2018 - The next step for Blue Rhine
- Veilish – The natural self-adhesive printable window fabric
- Jeddah Openhouse 2018 is right around the corner!!!
- Blue Rhine at SGI2020
- LEXAN™ Polycarbonate: Value-added Solutions for Indoor & Outdoor Applications
- Join us for Qatar Open House & Wrapping Workshop
- The “Nouveau” Digital signage trends - Reshaping the sports fan experience
- Philips unveiled four new display ranges at ISE 2020
- Yellotools: The Ultimate tool manufacturer for Sign Makers.
- Monomeric, Polymeric & Cast - Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Adnoc “My station” using Peerless AV Displays .
- Blue Rhine at FABEX Saudi Arabia 2019
- Blue Rhine Dubai Openhouse 2018 - 17,18th December
- Aslan- Expertise in self-adhesive films
- Meet next level corporate collaboration with the New Philips C and B-Lines
- Blue Rhine : Now in Bahrain
- Experience Ultimate visual performance with Absen KL Commercial Displays