News & Events
Difference Between Consumer TV & Professional TV DisplaysSep-18-2019
Without technical know-how, it is hard to distinguish between a professional TV and a consumer TV at first glance. Occasionally customers try and use consumer TVs as an alternative to Digital Signage displays which doesn’t give the expected results. Despite their similar exterior appearance, consumer televisions aren’t ideal for professional applications like displays in malls, hotels, restaurants etc.
A professional tv display is more powerful than a consumer tv in many ways. Depending on the needs of your business, a professional display may be running for more than 20 hours a day. A standard television cannot keep up with this demand. Some of the differences between a professional TV and a Consumer TV are as follows:
Enclosures: For video wall applications, Professional displays comes in different sizes of bezel – from standard to ultra-narrow bezel designed. The thinner the bezel, the more expensive the display. Professional displays are designed with clean, symmetrical lines and often don’t include the manufacturer’s logo, which gives a professional look to your content. However, Consumer TV enclosures are designed more aesthetically and generally aren’t appropriate for business settings.
Display Brightness: Consumer Televisions usually fall in the range of 150-250 Nits, which is fine for most viewing at home. When it comes to professional or retail spaces, higher brightness is needed because of the brightly lit conditions. Professional display’s offers brightness ranging from 400-2000 Nits for outdoor. Also, the wide viewing angle of the professional displays allows uniform image quality with no colour wash at any angle.
Colour accuracy: Accurate colour reproduction is important when it comes to displaying content. professional displays usually have pre-calibrated factory settings to guarantee accurate colours. The consumer TVs does not come with professional calibration which may cause colours to look blurry and washed out.
Connectivity & remote control: Professional displays comes with various options to publish the content source to the screen. Most of our professional displays also comes with Software like CMND which perform vital functions like controlling inputs and monitoring display status, whether you’re in charge of one screen or 100. Connectivity in consumer TV is aimed at standard consumer devices and their related input signals (HDMI, USB) because they rarely need other options in this segment.
Heat protection & Panel lifetime: Professional TVs are designed to deliver a flawless performance even while exposed to the toughest conditions. Heat protection becomes a serious issue when TVs are running up to 24 hours a day. In such cases, if the Displays are not of professional grade, it may lead to loss of quality or damage to components. Uninterrupted display of still or static images over an extended period may cause “burn in”, also known as “after-imaging” or “ghost imaging”, on the screen. It is essential to consider the “burn-in” (image retention) factor for digital signage, where static pictures and symbols are common. Anti-burn and cooling features in professional screens ensure there is no need to worry about static content being on your screen for too long and causing permanent burn damage.
Initial investment & ROI: Often consumer displays are used in a business because people are under the impression that a professional display will cost significantly more. Also, sometimes the customer doesn’t know that professional options exist. It is true that professional models typically cost more than the same size of consumer TVs. There is a wide price range of professional displays, with some coming very close to the price of similarly-sized consumer TVs and offering better features and warranties. The cost of ownership factor must be taken into consideration while purchasing a display. If the display is planned to be in place for a long time, a professional display will outlast a consumer TV.
Warranty: The consumer TVs are not designed to be powered on for more than 8 hours a day. Usually a consumer TV carries a warranty of 1 year. If you will read the warranty section of consumer Displays carefully, you will find that for some companies, the warranty is void if a consumer TV is used for a professional purpose, while some companies give a mere 90 days warranty. However, a professional Display carries a warranty of almost 3 years for 24×7 usage. Another difference between a consumer and professional warranty is that a consumer warranty is typically warranted to carry-in-service, whereas a professional warranty likely covers on-site service.
The business world is progressing faster than ever, and to be on top, you need to be equipped with the best. With specialized options for Corporates, Education sector, F&B industries, Public Venues, Hospitality and Retail sectors, The Professional Displays will give you better Results and better ROI than using a consumer TV.
Get in touch with us to know more about the different professional Display options for your next project.
- Extending our services to Kuwait
- Product Seminar on Premium German Solutions
- Digital Xerography & Offset Synthetic Paper in UAE
- Blue Rhine at SGI Dubai 2019 - Bigger than ever
- Hybrid Monster : JHF H3370 Hybrid UV Printer
- World’s best One-way vision Films from Contra Vision:
- AVERY DENNISON - Professional Workshop - Oman
- Rhine Graphics featured in Printweek MEA Feb-15-2015
- SGI 2015
- Lexan Thermoclick sheet for stunning profile-free structures
- New Product Launch - SGI 2015
- Exclusive range of Digital Print Media products
- TESA 51966
- New Philips Integrated Chromecast Hotel TVs
- Machinery featured in Printweek MEA
- LED Linear Strips for Cove Lighting
- Blue Rhine & Intercoat in Printweek MEA
- Right Display and TV Mounts for optimum viewing experience
- Light Middle East 2013 Invitation
- Media Seminar
- Oppboga Excellent Boards for printing
- Mustang Chrome
- Digital vs Offset Printing
- UV vs Latex Printing
- Accurate Fiber Laser : For high speed & high accuracy cutting
- Difference Between Consumer TV & Professional TV Displays
- JWEI CB03II digital cutting systems
- Blue Rhine earns The Best Distributor Award - 2018
- Al Ghurair Printing & Publishing steps up and gets the reward
- Our Headquarter Reclocation
- Sign & Graphics - Dubai 2016 Jan-11-2016
- Blackman and White - Versa-Tech Flatbed Cutter Nov-01-2014
- JHF Gold Partner Award
- Anand Joseph delivers Keynote at IMT Business School Dubai
- RYARC: Digital Signage Software
- Get the aesthetic appeal of cast concrete walls with Faux Concrete Panels
- Blue Rhine at Big5 Dubai 2018
- DESARDI® : Premium digital printable wallcovering
- Gitex Technology Week 2017 is upon us, Philips Video wall to shine at Etisalat booth
- Calculate your printing cost easily with Caldera cost-proof tool
- Peerless-AV Xtreme High Brightness Outdoor Displays
- Etisalat partners with Philips for stunning 4K Videowalls featured at Gitex Tech Week 2017
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2020
- DECO Emirates gets new machinery - Accurate fiber laser
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2019
- Oman Openhouse & Wrapping Workshop on 27-28, March 2019
- Anand Joseph featured in LG Business Solutions 'See the signs' 2017 Report
- Cast and Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Jotun Paints gets smart LED Lighting
- General Formulations - AutoMARK Wrap Vinyl
- Oman Open house comes with surprises - 29,30th Oct '18
- Soudal Fix all - Adhesives:
- LEXAN™ EXTRITE™ sheets for extreme outdoor solutions and applications
- SGI Dubai 2018 - The next step for Blue Rhine
- Veilish – The natural self-adhesive printable window fabric
- Jeddah Openhouse 2018 is right around the corner!!!
- Blue Rhine at SGI2020
- Join us for Qatar Open House & Wrapping Workshop
- The “Nouveau” Digital signage trends - Reshaping the sports fan experience
- Philips unveiled four new display ranges at ISE 2020
- Yellotools: The Ultimate tool manufacturer for Sign Makers.
- Monomeric, Polymeric & Cast - Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Adnoc “My station” using Peerless AV Displays .
- Blue Rhine at FABEX Saudi Arabia 2019
- Blue Rhine Dubai Openhouse 2018 - 17,18th December
- Aslan- Expertise in self-adhesive films
- Meet next level corporate collaboration with the New Philips C and B-Lines
- Blue Rhine : Now in Bahrain