News & Events
Digital vs Offset PrintingAug-06-2019
Which printing technology is best suited for your business? What’s the distinction between digital and offset printing? Let’s take you through the printing industry trends and help you choose the best Printing Technology.
The role of print is changing, with the main dynamic being the impact of the Internet and mobile connectivity on the way both businesses and individuals communicate and access information. Many factors are shaping demand across the print industry and print supply chain participants have a variety of options to draw on when determining how best to meet changing demand patterns.
According to Smithers Pira’s latest market report, ‘The Future of Digital vs Offset Printing to 2024’, The global print market is shrinking in volume but growing in value over the period 2014-24. Digital print, and especially inkjet, is an increasingly important and valuable part of the overall print market. Accounting for 13.5% of total market output in 2014, this has risen to 17.4% in 2019. As it has done so it has displaced and taken work from offset litho and other existing analogue print process. Technical innovations and shift in market demands will further support this trend through to 2024, pushing digital’s share to 21.1%.
- The total market for analogue and digital printing combined will grow at a CAGR of 1.3%, reaching $862 billion by 2024.
Also, the report suggests that web offset printing will decline; however, there is strong growth in inkjet printing and modest growth elsewhere, which results in overall market growth. Inkjet technology is being driven by the adoption of very high productivity presses, particularly in the corrugated printing sector; the ongoing improvement of both continuous and sheetfed inkjet printers; and the expansion of the addressable market into other areas.
- Asia region to grow the most in Digital & Analogue printing by $ 43 Billion between 2019-24.
- Print output expected to grow by 1.8% CAGR BY 2024.
Today, with the dynamic demand, clients need printers to be able to produce cost effective, high quality, short run colour printing in the fastest possible time frame. Digital printing offers many features than other forms of Printing like offset, in terms of choices, features and flexibility. The benefits include:
1.High Quality: Digital Printer offers impressive quality and consistency over the other options. The colours show up perfectly on the prints and there are no issues with harsh lines. With digital printing, the quality of the last card, brochure or flyer in a batch is same as that of the first.
2.Timeliness: Digital printing eliminates many of the mechanical steps required for conventional printing, such as making films and colour proofs, manually stripping the pieces together, and making plates. As there are fewer steps in the printing process, and as a result, the final product can be delivered quicker.
3.Cost effective: Since digital printing does not use plates, no setup fees are involved, and you pay a flat price per piece.
4.Lower minimum quantities: Digital printing is the ideal method of producing short to medium print runs compared to traditional methods. Print only the amount you need, when you need it. Print as low as 1, 20 or 100 pieces.
5.Variable data capability: Names, addresses, codes or numbering can be done easily.
Many different factors are shaping demand across the print industry and print supply chain participants have a variety of options to draw on when determining how best to meet changing demand patterns.
Why your business needs to adopt Digital printing technology?
Unlike Offset printing, Digital printing doesn’t use plates, but instead uses options such as toner or larger printers that do use liquid ink. Digital printing gives you an option of printing lower quantities. Another benefit of digital printing is its variable data capability. When each piece needs a unique code, name or address, digital is the only way to go. Offset printing cannot accommodate this need.
Get in touch with us to know more about the right printer for your next project.
- Extending our services to Kuwait
- Product Seminar on Premium German Solutions
- Digital Xerography & Offset Synthetic Paper in UAE
- Blue Rhine at SGI Dubai 2019 - Bigger than ever
- Hybrid Monster : JHF H3370 Hybrid UV Printer
- World’s best One-way vision Films from Contra Vision:
- AVERY DENNISON - Professional Workshop - Oman
- Rhine Graphics featured in Printweek MEA Feb-15-2015
- SGI 2015
- Lexan Thermoclick sheet for stunning profile-free structures
- New Product Launch - SGI 2015
- Exclusive range of Digital Print Media products
- TESA 51966
- New Philips Integrated Chromecast Hotel TVs
- Machinery featured in Printweek MEA
- LED Linear Strips for Cove Lighting
- Blue Rhine & Intercoat in Printweek MEA
- Right Display and TV Mounts for optimum viewing experience
- Light Middle East 2013 Invitation
- Media Seminar
- Oppboga Excellent Boards for printing
- Mustang Chrome
- Digital vs Offset Printing
- UV vs Latex Printing
- Accurate Fiber Laser : For high speed & high accuracy cutting
- Difference Between Consumer TV & Professional TV Displays
- JWEI CB03II digital cutting systems
- Blue Rhine earns The Best Distributor Award - 2018
- Al Ghurair Printing & Publishing steps up and gets the reward
- Our Headquarter Reclocation
- Sign & Graphics - Dubai 2016 Jan-11-2016
- Blackman and White - Versa-Tech Flatbed Cutter Nov-01-2014
- JHF Gold Partner Award
- Anand Joseph delivers Keynote at IMT Business School Dubai
- RYARC: Digital Signage Software
- Get the aesthetic appeal of cast concrete walls with Faux Concrete Panels
- Blue Rhine at Big5 Dubai 2018
- DESARDI® : Premium digital printable wallcovering
- Gitex Technology Week 2017 is upon us, Philips Video wall to shine at Etisalat booth
- Calculate your printing cost easily with Caldera cost-proof tool
- Peerless-AV Xtreme High Brightness Outdoor Displays
- Etisalat partners with Philips for stunning 4K Videowalls featured at Gitex Tech Week 2017
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2020
- DECO Emirates gets new machinery - Accurate fiber laser
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2019
- Oman Openhouse & Wrapping Workshop on 27-28, March 2019
- Anand Joseph featured in LG Business Solutions 'See the signs' 2017 Report
- Cast and Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Jotun Paints gets smart LED Lighting
- General Formulations - AutoMARK Wrap Vinyl
- Oman Open house comes with surprises - 29,30th Oct '18
- Soudal Fix all - Adhesives:
- LEXAN™ EXTRITE™ sheets for extreme outdoor solutions and applications
- SGI Dubai 2018 - The next step for Blue Rhine
- Veilish – The natural self-adhesive printable window fabric
- Jeddah Openhouse 2018 is right around the corner!!!
- Blue Rhine at SGI2020
- Join us for Qatar Open House & Wrapping Workshop
- The “Nouveau” Digital signage trends - Reshaping the sports fan experience
- Philips unveiled four new display ranges at ISE 2020
- Yellotools: The Ultimate tool manufacturer for Sign Makers.
- Monomeric, Polymeric & Cast - Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Adnoc “My station” using Peerless AV Displays .
- Blue Rhine at FABEX Saudi Arabia 2019
- Blue Rhine Dubai Openhouse 2018 - 17,18th December
- Aslan- Expertise in self-adhesive films
- Blue Rhine : Now in Bahrain