News & Events
LEXAN™ Polycarbonate: Value-added Solutions for Indoor & Outdoor ApplicationsMay-30-2021
Polycarbonate sheeting is known throughout the world of architecture and construction field as one of the strongest and most flexible materials on the market today. It has outstanding impact resistance over a wide temperature range as well as fairly good heat resistance.
SABIC has been serving the world as a leading provider of the essential material – polycarbonate – for various applications such as facades, roofing, partitions and cladding in the architecture and interior design realm.
SABIC’s LEXAN™ polycarbonate products have a wide range of capabilities that make them nothing less than a modern marvel which is ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications, including houses, offices, schools, bus stations, bank booths, etc., that enjoy prominent usage around the world.
Outdoor applications require transparent and protective surfaces to safeguard against vandalism, burglary and other accidental damages. Protection is highly relevant for applications in those areas where extreme weather conditions like strong winds, sandstorms and high-solar energy penetration are present commonly or even all the time like in the Middle East.
This is where the SABIC LEXAN™ polycarbonate scores with its impact and abrasion resistance, enhanced shatter resistance, and incredible mechanical, optical and thermal properties.
COMMON ADVANTAGES OF LEXAN™ SHEET PRODUCTS
High Impact Resistance: Generally, LEXAN™ sheet products maintain high strength and stiffness on prolonged outdoor exposure, minimizing the risk of breakage even when subjected to violent blows by heavy objects.
Extreme Resistance to Abrasion: With a unique, hard surface coating that provides a high level of protection against unsightly scratching, LEXAN™ is ideal for use where frequent contact is anticipated.
Great Resistance to Weathering Effects: The surface coating of the LEXAN™ sheets increases protection against performance losses and yellowing caused by exposure to UV radiation in sunlight.
High Resistance to Fluids, Paints & Adhesives: The unique surface coating resists graffiti, enabling easy restoration to a new condition.
Premium Fire Performance: Flame resistance and heat stability are much higher than similar products in the same segment.
B1 Classification: SABIC LEXAN™ polycarbonate products are fire retardants that carry B1 classification as per EN 13501-1 standard.
Easy to Handle & Install: Light in weight, LEXAN™ products can be cut to size on-site using, allowing reduced lead times for re-glazing. This thermoplastic material can also be easily machined and cold-formed as well.
Unbelievable Anti-Vandal Glazing Properties: They minimize the risk of costly reglazing and allows frequent cleaning or removal of graffiti without causing damage.
Excellent Premises Safety Glazing: LEXAN™ sheet does not shatter or splinter, and it reduces the risk of accidental injury in applications like internal partitions and doors.
Safety Screens & Acoustic Screens: Ideal for use in built-up areas like stadiums, sports centers and other outdoor areas for deflection of traffic noise.
The All-inclusive Warranty: Most of the LEXAN™ polycarbonate products are sold with a 10-year limited warranty against breakage and weathering.
LEXAN™ sheet products are virtually unbreakable and provide practical solutions for areas of concern regarding vandalism and security, extending the life of indoor as well as outdoor applications.
Here is an interesting explainer video about various types of polycarbonate, featuring SABIC LEXAN™, presented by our Product Manager, Geo Thomas.
WHAT BLUE RHINE OFFERS?
Whatever your projects are, small or large, we can help you choose the perfect polycarbonate type, once you let us know the purpose of usage. Also, you can choose from a wide variety of textures and colors to either blend in with the rest of the structure or stand in contrast yet complementing the whole project.
LEXAN™ polycarbonate products are available at our stores located throughout the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
You can also purchase them online through our e-commerce platform – bluerhine.store. Shop online for our lowest prices. It’s Simpler, Faster and Smarter!
- Extending our services to Kuwait
- Product Seminar on Premium German Solutions
- Digital Xerography & Offset Synthetic Paper in UAE
- Hygienic wall cladding panels for hospitals and Public facilities
- Blue Rhine at SGI Dubai 2019 - Bigger than ever
- Hybrid Monster : JHF H3370 Hybrid UV Printer
- Brand New Philips T-line: Connects to 64 students through Wireless screen sharing
- Installation of SABIC Innovative Plastics to Build Sound Walls for ENOC Fuel Station at Dubai Hills
- World’s best One-way vision Films from Contra Vision:
- AVERY DENNISON - Professional Workshop - Oman
- Rhine Graphics featured in Printweek MEA Feb-15-2015
- SGI 2015
- Lexan Thermoclick sheet for stunning profile-free structures
- New Product Launch - SGI 2015
- Exclusive range of Digital Print Media products
- TESA 51966
- New Philips Integrated Chromecast Hotel TVs
- Machinery featured in Printweek MEA
- LED Linear Strips for Cove Lighting
- Blue Rhine & Intercoat in Printweek MEA
- Right Display and TV Mounts for optimum viewing experience
- Light Middle East 2013 Invitation
- Media Seminar
- Oppboga Excellent Boards for printing
- Mustang Chrome
- Digital vs Offset Printing
- UV vs Latex Printing
- Philips Video Wall Series – the Ultimate Signage Display Solution
- Enrich Your Printing Capabilities with the Sophisticated JHF R7000 Pro UV Printer
- Accurate Fiber Laser : For high speed & high accuracy cutting
- Difference Between Consumer TV & Professional TV Displays
- JWEI CB03II digital cutting systems
- Blue Rhine earns The Best Distributor Award - 2018
- Al Ghurair Printing & Publishing steps up and gets the reward
- Blue Rhine Web Summit 2021 - Meet Our Product Specialists
- Sign & Graphics - Dubai 2016 Jan-11-2016
- Blackman and White - Versa-Tech Flatbed Cutter Nov-01-2014
- JHF Gold Partner Award
- Anand Joseph delivers Keynote at IMT Business School Dubai
- RYARC: Digital Signage Software
- Get the aesthetic appeal of cast concrete walls with Faux Concrete Panels
- Blue Rhine Web Summit 2021 - an Overview
- Blue Rhine at Big5 Dubai 2018
- DESARDI® : Premium digital printable wallcovering
- Gitex Technology Week 2017 is upon us, Philips Video wall to shine at Etisalat booth
- Calculate your printing cost easily with Caldera cost-proof tool
- Peerless-AV Xtreme High Brightness Outdoor Displays
- Etisalat partners with Philips for stunning 4K Videowalls featured at Gitex Tech Week 2017
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2020
- The Importance of Eco-friendly Products in Print Media Applications
- DECO Emirates gets new machinery - Accurate fiber laser
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2019
- Oman Openhouse & Wrapping Workshop on 27-28, March 2019
- Anand Joseph featured in LG Business Solutions 'See the signs' 2017 Report
- Cast and Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Jotun Paints gets smart LED Lighting
- General Formulations - AutoMARK Wrap Vinyl
- A Comprehensive Guide to Using Vehicle Wrapping Solutions
- Oman Open house comes with surprises - 29,30th Oct '18
- Soudal Fix all - Adhesives:
- LEXAN™ EXTRITE™ sheets for extreme outdoor solutions and applications
- SGI Dubai 2018 - The next step for Blue Rhine
- Veilish – The natural self-adhesive printable window fabric
- Jeddah Openhouse 2018 is right around the corner!!!
- Blue Rhine at SGI2020
- LEXAN™ Polycarbonate: Value-added Solutions for Indoor & Outdoor Applications
- Join us for Qatar Open House & Wrapping Workshop
- The “Nouveau” Digital signage trends - Reshaping the sports fan experience
- Philips unveiled four new display ranges at ISE 2020
- Yellotools: The Ultimate tool manufacturer for Sign Makers.
- Monomeric, Polymeric & Cast - Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Adnoc “My station” using Peerless AV Displays .
- Blue Rhine at FABEX Saudi Arabia 2019
- Blue Rhine Dubai Openhouse 2018 - 17,18th December
- Aslan- Expertise in self-adhesive films
- Meet next level corporate collaboration with the New Philips C and B-Lines
- Blue Rhine : Now in Bahrain
- Experience Ultimate visual performance with Absen KL Commercial Displays