News & Events
Installation of SABIC Innovative Plastics to Build Sound Walls for ENOC Fuel Station at Dubai HillsApr-28-2020
Blue Rhine General Trading LLC, along with Eastern international LLC, has secured the contract from ENOC for installing SABIC Innovative Plastics to build sound walls for their Fuel Station located at Dubai Hills.
The new solar-powered fuel station of ENOC, located at Dubai Hills, was built as per global retail standards and are compliant with Dubai Municipality Green Building Regulations. According to the environmental noise criteria, any industrial premises or any mechanical equipment shall ensure that the emission of noise does not exceed a reasonable level, to protect the general public from excessive noise levels.
A: To achieve maximum noise reduction by creating sound walls for our client ENOC’s fuel station located at Dubai Hills.
B: To find a suitable noise absorbing material around the fenced area to reduce reverberation. The material required for building the sound walls ought to have good properties in flammability performance, impact resistance, stiffness, strength, and ease of processing.
Scope of Work
To build sound walls for creating an effective sound barrier on the fence walls of the ENOC fuel station located at Dubai Hills.
Since the ENOC project is located at the Dubai Hills neighbourhood, the establishment must ensure that the noise level measured at the fence line should not exceed 70 dBA. The material chosen to reduce the sound was SABIC LEXAN EXELL™ D polycarbonate sheets.
Blue Rhine and Eastern international have jointly presented LEXAN Speciality sheets as a solution for reducing noise to the client, ENOC. We have engineered a complete system to create the best possible environment with calculations successfully predicting to overcome noise level requirements, ensuring greater comfort for the residents in the Dubai Hills neighbourhood.
Our experts have used different variants of SABIC LEXAN brand polycarbonate sheets for testing by placing them into a slotted steel “U” Aluminium profile on top of the fence walls. We have conducted a noise measurement implementation to measure the authenticity of the calculation results. The Sound created by a hand crank siren was measured by 2 calibrated handheld decibel meters on either side of the barrier.
We have carried out four tests using varying combinations of LEXAN sheets at the site. The sheets used for testing include THERMOCLEAR™ Multiwall 16mm, EXELL™ D 6mm, 2-layer EXELL™ D 6mm and EXELL™ D 8mm. Two readings were noted per combination and an average of the reading was considered as the final finding. The reduction in dB with LEXAN showed variations when compared to manufacturer datasheets, which was attributed to the mock test conditions. By taking all these readings into account, our client ENOC has finalized the single layer 8mm EXELL™ D polycarbonate sheets for the project.
We have closely observed the reduction in dB since it was the major criterion for choosing the material. The highest reduction of noise was noted in EXELL™ D 8mm, resulting in an overall noise reduction up to 33 dB. The lowest reduction of noise was noted in THERMOCLEAR™ sheet 16mm, leading to an overall reduction of 25.15dB. Considering all these readings, ENOC confirmed 8mm opal EXELL™ D sheets as the final product to be used for the sound barrier at 1076 Dubai Hills site.
We have successfully created a sound barrier on the fence walls of ENOC fuel Station located at Dubai Hills by building highly effective sound walls using SABIC LEXAN EXELL™ D polycarbonate sheets.
Industry experts from both the parties have tested these sound walls and approved the fact that we have succeeded in reducing the noise levels and have achieved up to 33 dB noise reduction, ensuring greater comfort in terms of noise pollution for residents in the Dubai Hills neighbourhood.
- Extending our services to Kuwait
- Product Seminar on Premium German Solutions
- Digital Xerography & Offset Synthetic Paper in UAE
- Hygienic wall cladding panels for hospitals and Public facilities
- Blue Rhine at SGI Dubai 2019 - Bigger than ever
- Hybrid Monster : JHF H3370 Hybrid UV Printer
- Brand New Philips T-line: Connects to 64 students through Wireless screen sharing
- Installation of SABIC Innovative Plastics to Build Sound Walls for ENOC Fuel Station at Dubai Hills
- World’s best One-way vision Films from Contra Vision:
- AVERY DENNISON - Professional Workshop - Oman
- Rhine Graphics featured in Printweek MEA Feb-15-2015
- SGI 2015
- Lexan Thermoclick sheet for stunning profile-free structures
- New Product Launch - SGI 2015
- Exclusive range of Digital Print Media products
- TESA 51966
- New Philips Integrated Chromecast Hotel TVs
- Machinery featured in Printweek MEA
- LED Linear Strips for Cove Lighting
- Blue Rhine & Intercoat in Printweek MEA
- Right Display and TV Mounts for optimum viewing experience
- Light Middle East 2013 Invitation
- Media Seminar
- Oppboga Excellent Boards for printing
- Mustang Chrome
- Digital vs Offset Printing
- UV vs Latex Printing
- Philips Video Wall Series – the Ultimate Signage Display Solution
- Enrich Your Printing Capabilities with the Sophisticated JHF R7000 Pro UV Printer
- Accurate Fiber Laser : For high speed & high accuracy cutting
- Difference Between Consumer TV & Professional TV Displays
- JWEI CB03II digital cutting systems
- Blue Rhine earns The Best Distributor Award - 2018
- Al Ghurair Printing & Publishing steps up and gets the reward
- Blue Rhine Web Summit 2021 - Meet Our Product Specialists
- Sign & Graphics - Dubai 2016 Jan-11-2016
- Blackman and White - Versa-Tech Flatbed Cutter Nov-01-2014
- JHF Gold Partner Award
- Anand Joseph delivers Keynote at IMT Business School Dubai
- RYARC: Digital Signage Software
- Get the aesthetic appeal of cast concrete walls with Faux Concrete Panels
- Blue Rhine Web Summit 2021 - an Overview
- Blue Rhine at Big5 Dubai 2018
- DESARDI® : Premium digital printable wallcovering
- Gitex Technology Week 2017 is upon us, Philips Video wall to shine at Etisalat booth
- Calculate your printing cost easily with Caldera cost-proof tool
- Peerless-AV Xtreme High Brightness Outdoor Displays
- Etisalat partners with Philips for stunning 4K Videowalls featured at Gitex Tech Week 2017
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2020
- The Importance of Eco-friendly Products in Print Media Applications
- DECO Emirates gets new machinery - Accurate fiber laser
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2019
- Oman Openhouse & Wrapping Workshop on 27-28, March 2019
- Anand Joseph featured in LG Business Solutions 'See the signs' 2017 Report
- Cast and Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Jotun Paints gets smart LED Lighting
- General Formulations - AutoMARK Wrap Vinyl
- A Comprehensive Guide to Using Vehicle Wrapping Solutions
- Oman Open house comes with surprises - 29,30th Oct '18
- Soudal Fix all - Adhesives:
- LEXAN™ EXTRITE™ sheets for extreme outdoor solutions and applications
- SGI Dubai 2018 - The next step for Blue Rhine
- Veilish – The natural self-adhesive printable window fabric
- Jeddah Openhouse 2018 is right around the corner!!!
- Blue Rhine at SGI2020
- LEXAN™ Polycarbonate: Value-added Solutions for Indoor & Outdoor Applications
- Join us for Qatar Open House & Wrapping Workshop
- The “Nouveau” Digital signage trends - Reshaping the sports fan experience
- Philips unveiled four new display ranges at ISE 2020
- Yellotools: The Ultimate tool manufacturer for Sign Makers.
- Monomeric, Polymeric & Cast - Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Adnoc “My station” using Peerless AV Displays .
- Blue Rhine at FABEX Saudi Arabia 2019
- Blue Rhine Dubai Openhouse 2018 - 17,18th December
- Aslan- Expertise in self-adhesive films
- Meet next level corporate collaboration with the New Philips C and B-Lines
- Blue Rhine : Now in Bahrain
- Experience Ultimate visual performance with Absen KL Commercial Displays