News & Events
UV vs Latex PrintingAug-21-2019
The large-format print industry is evolving rapidly and experiencing growth & change with the influx of technologies in the market.
The big question is -which of these technologies to invest in?
The ongoing need for sign companies and print service providers to enrich their product offerings, deliver their output in a shorter time window, and improve their profitability is a key drive.
UV Printers offer many benefits in LFP market. UV Curable printing always offers opportunities to reduce the impact of printing on the environment relative to solvent based printing. It is still considered to be fast growing technology in the wide format market.
UV printers are excellent for any application which involves the printing of a variety of substrates. The inks are cured and fixed with UV light. Both flexible roll materials and single sheets, but also rigid print media and even glass can be printed on. Latex printers require preprint and post print heaters to cure the media, resulting in higher energy consumption compared to other inkjet technologies. Some substrates may buckle under the higher temperatures.
Main Advantages of UV Printers over Latex:
1. UV Curing provides more Print options in various substrates
2. Lower Picolitre drop sizes compared to Latex
3. Less Maintenance
4. Less consumables
5. Less Operating Cost
6. Reduced Material Cost
7. Less Downtime in production vs a Full day in Latex
8. 1-2 or even fewer print heads to be replaced compared to 20 to 30 printheads in Latex over its life.
9. Ink Yield is 25 to 30 % more
10. Ink consumption is cheaper than latex.
11. Less Power consumption.
12. Lower cost per sqm.
According to a survey, print service providers have started shifting their buying preference more towards UV printers than latex. (50% favoured UV while 32% indicated to purchase Latex).
Latex inks have a limited choice of materials because the ink must be fixed under heat. However, UV ink dries instantly, which makes it excellent for non-absorbent substrates such as PVC, carton, wood, aluminium, glass, and ceramics, and substrates can be stacked, rolled, and finished immediately after printing. UV inks are also suitable for Printing on rigid and uncoated print media. UV Prints are extremely durable (UV-resistant, water-resistant, scratch-resistant), gives true colour output and exceptionally high quality. It is generally possible to print much faster using UV ink than with aqueous or solvent inks.
Get in touch with us to know more about new technologies in the Print & Advertising sector. Our experts are here to help.
- Extending our services to Kuwait
- Product Seminar on Premium German Solutions
- Digital Xerography & Offset Synthetic Paper in UAE
- Blue Rhine at SGI Dubai 2019 - Bigger than ever
- Hybrid Monster : JHF H3370 Hybrid UV Printer
- World’s best One-way vision Films from Contra Vision:
- AVERY DENNISON - Professional Workshop - Oman
- Rhine Graphics featured in Printweek MEA Feb-15-2015
- SGI 2015
- Lexan Thermoclick sheet for stunning profile-free structures
- New Product Launch - SGI 2015
- Exclusive range of Digital Print Media products
- TESA 51966
- New Philips Integrated Chromecast Hotel TVs
- Machinery featured in Printweek MEA
- LED Linear Strips for Cove Lighting
- Blue Rhine & Intercoat in Printweek MEA
- Right Display and TV Mounts for optimum viewing experience
- Light Middle East 2013 Invitation
- Media Seminar
- Oppboga Excellent Boards for printing
- Mustang Chrome
- Digital vs Offset Printing
- UV vs Latex Printing
- Accurate Fiber Laser : For high speed & high accuracy cutting
- Difference Between Consumer TV & Professional TV Displays
- JWEI CB03II digital cutting systems
- Blue Rhine earns The Best Distributor Award - 2018
- Al Ghurair Printing & Publishing steps up and gets the reward
- Our Headquarter Reclocation
- Sign & Graphics - Dubai 2016 Jan-11-2016
- Blackman and White - Versa-Tech Flatbed Cutter Nov-01-2014
- JHF Gold Partner Award
- Anand Joseph delivers Keynote at IMT Business School Dubai
- RYARC: Digital Signage Software
- Get the aesthetic appeal of cast concrete walls with Faux Concrete Panels
- Blue Rhine at Big5 Dubai 2018
- Gitex Technology Week 2017 is upon us, Philips Video wall to shine at Etisalat booth
- Peerless-AV Xtreme High Brightness Outdoor Displays
- Etisalat partners with Philips for stunning 4K Videowalls featured at Gitex Tech Week 2017
- DECO Emirates gets new machinery - Accurate fiber laser
- Blue Rhine at SGI 2019
- Oman Openhouse & Wrapping Workshop on 27-28, March 2019
- Anand Joseph featured in LG Business Solutions 'See the signs' 2017 Report
- Cast and Extruded Acrylic Sheets
- Jotun Paints gets smart LED Lighting
- General Formulations - AutoMARK Wrap Vinyl
- Oman Open house comes with surprises - 29,30th Oct '18
- Soudal Fix all - Adhesives:
- SGI Dubai 2018 - The next step for Blue Rhine
- Jeddah Openhouse 2018 is right around the corner!!!
- Join us for Qatar Open House & Wrapping Workshop
- Yellotools: The Ultimate tool manufacturer for Sign Makers.
- Monomeric, Polymeric & Cast - Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Adnoc “My station” using Peerless AV Displays .
- Blue Rhine at FABEX Saudi Arabia 2019
- Blue Rhine Dubai Openhouse 2018 - 17,18th December
- Aslan- Expertise in self-adhesive films
- Blue Rhine : Now in Bahrain